The Renegade Pub Football League Inc (RPFL) is a not-for-profit community organisation that operates a gender-inclusive Australian Rules Football league in Melbourne’s inner north.
We are all about grassroots footy and community spirit, and pride ourselves on providing a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. We welcome adults of any gender identity, sexual orientation, race, culture, religion, or skill-level to get involved.
The League consists of nine teams, each of which are affiliated with a local pub or live music venue. Each year we play ten rounds of Pub Footy at Victoria Park in Abbotsford. Game days are family and dog friendly events that offer three games of footy, music all day, bars and charity BBQs with vegan options. All profits from our BBQ are donated to a local charity through our Community Engagement Program.
If you would like to play footy amongst a proud arts, music and pub community please contact one of our Clubs directly. As a non-competitive social league, all our Clubs value participation and team spirit above individual sporting ability.
The Renegade Pub Football League is an inclusive and non-competitive grassroots football league with a focus on community involvement. The RPFL is guided by its own Charter, which applies to all participants in the League.
We adhere to the Victorian Code of Conduct for Community Sport and work to ensure:
- the inclusion of every person regardless of their age, gender or sexual orientation;
- the inclusion of every person regardless of their race, culture or religion;
- opportunities for people of all abilities to participate in the sport and develop to their full potential;
- respect is shown towards others, the club and the broader community;
- a safe and inclusive environment for all;
- elimination of violent and abusive behaviour; and
- protection from sexual harassment or intimidation.
For more information about the Victorian Code of Conduct for Community Sport, click here.